I’m Katelin and I’ve been dedicated to my path of working with animals since the age of 14. While teaching ESL in South Korea for three years, with self-study & application, and the support of the only two certified trainers on the Korean peninsula, I began training cats and dogs as they were fostered and adopted by members of the foreign community.
In 2013, I returned to the US with my rescued Korean pup, Lucy. For three years, I worked at Wonder Puppy on all aspects of the program from training to developing the business. Through my mentor-ship with Casey Newton, I learned techniques that continue to influence my training methods today.
My methods are to capture & reward desired behaviors, to set up for success to avoid unwanted behaviors, and to create positive associations with social situations that are unfamiliar or scary to puppies, dogs, kittens, and cats. I look forward to working with you, and to learning together!
I support my education as there are advancements in my field through the following memberships & certifications:
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA)
- Multiple Species Training Professional with Pet Professional Guild
- Professional Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator
- Pet First Aid/CPR Certificate from VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists
- Doggone Safe Member & Be a Tree Presenter
- Pet Partners Animal Assisted Therapy Team (Complex)